ELECTION OF MCSK BOARD CHAIRMAN
MORE FROM CALLBACK TUNES
During a creative stakeholders meeting at the Kenya National Theatre, President Uhuru Kenyatta said that musicians should be the greatest beneficiaries of the returns from call back tunes based on their songs. This is the stand of the President who has cautioned corporates making money off musicians music in this way to ensure that the artists get. See https://youtu.be/TX-l6P_F5GA
Notice on MCSK Distribution
We would like to notify our members of the following: -
• That the Society shall be distributing royalties for broadcasting class as per the distribution rules of the Society effective from 30th June 2016 and to run up to 30th, September 2016.
• That due to a delay in acquisition of log sheets, Royalty Payments to members’ bank accounts will be effected on 15th July 2016
• That the amounts available for broadcasting distribution is 45,632,337/= (Forty five million, six hundred thirty two thousand, three hundred and thirty seven shillings)
(Kindly note that the amounts indicated were tabulated from broadcasters that submitted license fees to MCSK during the period July 2014 to June 2015)
• That we are using log sheets and data on music usage obtained from Broadcasters & Vericast.
• All members whose musical works were broadcast between July 2014 & June 2015 will be contacted and all royalties shall be transferred into member’s preferred Bank accounts.
• The log sheets applied will be posted on our website (www.mcsk.or.ke).
Members of MCSK can now confirm Music monitoring status by following steps indicated below:-