SELAM CULTURAL FORUM
Maurice Okoth, CEO of Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK) & Vice chairman of CISAC African Committee represents Kenya at the SELAM Cultural Forum. (Click to see presentation)
This Conference was on "Culture and democracy” which he starts-off by enlighting the delegates on the various cultural instruments in Kenya, nyatiti, drums, horns etc. He also emphasised on how our cultural instruments like the NYATITI have been and are being appreciated even by foreigners (Eriko Mukoyama aka ‘Anyango’).
NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the SOCIETY will be held on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at MACHAKOS PEOPLE’S PARK, MACHAKOS, to discuss the following Agenda Items:
- Presentation and adoption of the medical scheme;
- Presentation and adoption of MCSK, KAMP and PRISK joint collection proposal;
- Discuss and determine the way forward with the SKIZA Agreement;
- To appoint Auditors;
- To receive proposals (if any) to amendments of the Articles of Association;
By the order of the Board
PROVISION OF EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
We wish to invite professional audit firms to submit their applications towards the provision of external audit services to the Company.
The qualifications and minimum requirements are as follow;
- Must be registered with ICPAK.
- Have an external auditing experience of at least five (5) years.
- Has conducted external audits in at least five (5) reputable companies, preferably those with a semblance to the core business of MCSK and with membership of 5000 members and above.
A detailed profile of these clients should be included in the application, with at least three (3) of them being companies that can stand as referees.
- The partners are full time audit practitioners and are in good standing with ICPAK.
- Can demonstrate sufficient quality control measures and are independent in their functions.
- Have valid business permits, are registered for tax and are fully compliant.
Submissions should include:-