The Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP), the Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK), and the Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK) are licensed collective management organizations (CMOS). They administer, exercise, and enforce the exploitation of performances in public places, broadcasting, and communication to the public rights in sound recordings, dramatic works, and mechanical reproduction rights of copyrighted musical works. The CMOS derive their respective mandates under Article 40(5) of the Constitution of Kenya and the Copyright Act of 2001.
KAMP-PRISK-MCSK jointly seeks to engage Licensing Agents for different Regions in the country. The position is responsible for ensuring up-to-date collections of licensing fees from users of audio-visual and sound recording works.
- South Rift.
- North Rift.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of the allocated region, the incumbent will be responsible for;
- Assist in Carrying out assessment, invoicing of establishments and business premises.
- Collection of license fees through the licensing system and make follow-up on unpaid invoices.
- Creating awareness of KAMP-PRISK-MCSK amongst the users and the general public.
- Provide feedback from the clients.
- Generate information of licensed users to updated in the master data base.
- Carry out research on new establishments that have not been licensed & issue invoices.
- Proper record keeping and documentation of the licensing documents and;
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by your supervisor.
- Minimum Diploma in Sales & Marketing, Business Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 1-year experience.
- ICT Skills.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Copyright and intellectual property knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Communication and listening skills.
- Market research and market intelligence skills.
- On commission Basis.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your Application and Resume indicating the region you are interested; to “email@example.com”. The subject of the email should be “LICENSING AGENT /THE NAME OF REGION” by 5.00pm on 31st March 2022.